Re: noise traders

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: noise traders
  • From: "rudolf stricker" <rst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:31:39 -0700

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:12:35 -0400, you wrote:

>Several traders have reported that the Stuttgart download is good for
>learning but too general for financial use. Whether that is true or not ...
>I don't know. There is more than enough work for me to do extending the
>value of Metastock indicators into a good preprocessing routine using Excel.

The SNN... has lots of features that most NN users never will (should)
use, but there are no rich pre-/postprocessing features.

The most exiting NN program (in terms of pre-/postprocessing power
*and* ease of use) imo is Aspen NeuralSIM (formerly NeuralWorks
Predict), which can be used in an integrated Excel environment and in
batch mode.  Detailed information about this program, which is heavily
used in financial engineering etc., can be found at
http://www.neuralware.com

Unfortunately, Neuralware seemingly no longer provides for download a
full featured (!) test version of the program (without save
capabilities), maybe because it really can be used for serious work,
even if the NNs trained cannot be saved.

mfg rudolf stricker