Re: Getting the Trend Right, the 1st time

At 08:59 AM 7/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have been trying to adjust the long term - bullish
>i.e. looking for stocks where close is greater than
>200,90,60 & 30 moving averages.  However, after
>selecting some 210 from a base of 630, I still end up
>some DOGS.  Is there a way to filter the stuff more so
>as to end with a universe of 60 or less stocks i.e.
>stocks trending upwards for last 2 weeks, etc.

I suspect you're finding stocks which are above the
moving averages, but they are not moving up fast enough?

You could measure how high they are above the moving
average, rank them that way.

Or filter for those which have had a very high
MACD in the past 3 weeks, something like
HHV(MACD,15)=hhv(MACD,200)
(this is not the exact code, just to give you the idea).

-Neal.

Neal on the 'net.
Trade well. Train hard.
http://www.halcyon.com/neal/