Re: A bit of real life analysis

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks Joe for your analysis&nbsp;of how money is made in the
markets. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I have come to realize that the use of indicators and systems
are like pointing at the moon with your finger.&nbsp;The moon is the important
thing here ... not staying fascinated by&nbsp;your finger.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks Benzie for your&nbsp;help in tracing the intruder. Did
you use Ping Plotter?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Best regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Walter</FONT>&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A href="mailto:jehardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"; title=jehardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Joseph
  Ehardt</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, July 11, 1999 12:11
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: A bit of real life
  analysis</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Nicholas,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Using 5-34-5 MACD, which is my own standard, rather than
  12-26-9 classic values, I think the upside was reached earlier this week. As a
  small cap, thinly traded stock, any bullish news would spike the stock upward
  and bearish news would spike the stock downward. The stock is sufficiently
  illiquid that market makers are making more money than investors/speculators
  because of the bid/ask spread.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Back to TA. My own sense of my MACD indicator is that price
  rallies from Friday's close are limited. Elliott Wave analysis further adds
  that this stock might be in a C-wave that will finish in the $1-or-under price
  range, a sizable percentage decline from the current level of $1-5/8. Before
  that predicted low is reached, however, I lean to the idea that the stock
  might dip to 1-5/16 and rally yet again to 1-15/16, making a flat formation,
  before it makes the final leg down to $1.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Illiquidity or thin volume reduces the value of Elliott Wave
  analysis, and a lot of technical analysis, by the way, because you cannot
  depend on a flowing market to deliver fair prices. For example, in the recent
  move to 1-15/16, you can conclude that some customer paid that price to buy
  the stock, but the bid price you would have received to sell that stock most
  likely was decidely in favor of the market maker. This is a NASDAQ stock
  (probably with one market maker) and not an open-auction market like the NYSE
  and AMEX. I think taking a look at time-and-sales for this stock might be
  worth the time spent as you come to understand something about how the market
  maker is making money in it.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Joe</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
    </B>Nicholas Kormanik &lt;<A
    href="mailto:nkormanik@xxxxxxxxxx";>nkormanik@xxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
    </B>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    &lt;<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
    </B>Saturday, July 10, 1999 07:20 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>A bit of real life
    analysis<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>I'm not exactly asking for a buy/sell
    recommendation with the following<BR>request.&nbsp; I am more interested in
    your collective learned technical analysis<BR>opinions, using a particular
    stock as an example.<BR><BR>After studying the charts, I placed the
    following onto an EWEB
    discussion<BR>thread:<BR><BR>+++++++++++++++++++++<BR>"Finally, for now,
    look at the following technical analysis site, type in<BR>EWEB, and click
    the upper right little window menu and bring up the MACD....<BR><BR><A
    href="http://www.equis.com/java/ms4jbig.html";>http://www.equis.com/java/ms4jbig.html</A><BR><BR>I
    use the full MetaStock program, and have examined EWEB in about every
    way<BR>I can, but this little applet's MACD shows extremely clearly what
    is<BR>**exceedingly** likely to happen to EWEB price (IMHO) --- there
    basically is<BR>no way in hell that that MACD is not going to break above
    the zero line, and<BR>soon, and head up for a while. Please look so that you
    know what I'm talking<BR>about. Based on that there standard MACD **alone**
    I feel assured that EWEB<BR>has some moving up to do, starting in the coming
    days."<BR>+++++++++++++++++++++<BR><BR>I'd like to ask any of you folks so
    inclined to take a look at the above<BR>MACD example, and tell me if it
    looks to you, as it does to me, that this<BR>particular MACD seems to
    **shout** that this stock is imminently heading<BR>higher.&nbsp; I view it
    as about as near a TA certainty as one could ask for.<BR><BR>Is there
    anything that you would add from a TA standpoint, saying, "Ahhhh,<BR>but my
    young Nicholas, have you also considered the
    .....??"<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Nicholas<BR><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sun Jul 11 10:37:02 1999