Syntax help

Good afternoon everyone;
    In an attempt to learn MS language I have been trying to code
explorations for the  trade setups from "Street Smarts" by
Connors/Raschke. I am working on "Turtle Soup Plus One."
   I have gotten a valid list of stocks(as compared to the results of a
search for the same setup through Dynamic Trader )  which appear to
require one last filter. This filter would
eliminate any stocks whose previous 20 day high did not occur 3 or more
bars prior to the current (today's) new 20 day high.
  From Equis I requested the following filter: Previous 20 day high has
occurred 3 or more days prior to the current 20 day high.
  They returned the following:  H>Ref(HHV(H,20)-1) AND
                     Ref(BarsSince(H>ref(HHV(H,2),-1)),-1).=2
I've plugged this in as the final filter(one of 4) and it is giving me a
list which includes several stocks on Dynamic Trader's  list but is
eliminating several others.
 Would someone please translate into English the second line of Equis'
code if they have time.I believe there is a parameter that has to be
modified but I don't understand the use of  "-1"  back to back.
 Any input is greatly appreciated.
Paula Petersen
hotair003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx