Formula for Optimal f needed

I am looking for the algorithm for calculating
Optimal f in Excel. So if somebody could help
me with either the formula or even the Excel-code
I would be tremendously grateful.

Quite a while ago someone started a thread on
coding trading systems etc. in Excel. Could this
someone (sorry I forgot your name :-[ ) please
contact me for a status. I just bought the
Metastock file library and I'm looking for some
clues on how do it best - round and angular wheels
have already been invented, I would rather not invent
them again.

Thanks,

Andreas

--