RE: Faster MS Win 6.5 Explorations Using Cache???

Ton

My problem with MS for WinDoze is that Equis let WinDoze control the
calculations or, and more likely, Equis has a different calculation
methodology in the new MS.  It appears to me that, in MS for DOS, they would
use Speed Disk (or whatever it was called under DOS) if available as a
scratch area for calculations.  In the WinDoze version, it appears that they
are using the hard disk for the scratch area (work area), and since I have
over 14 levels of indicators in my calculation, using a mechanical work area
versus an electronic work area makes a tremendous difference in performance
(not counting making the tower jump around the floor). :-)

I keep saying this (since I don't think MS' automatic indicator conversion
worked very well for me due to my naming conventions) but I will redo all of
my calculations in 6.52 and give it one fore try.  It might be their
conversion program that messed everything up as opposed to the switch to a
DOS environment.  That might explain why the DOS version 4.5 works so well
in a DOS window.  I'll try to sit down and knock that out.

Regards

Guy