Re: missing data

  • To: "Equis Support" <eqsupp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: missing data
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for the information and for submitting my intrest rates suggestion
"early historical data on yield + notes" to the developers.

Other indexes dating back before the 80ees:
-The Netherlands based CBS (Central Buro for Statistics, former Gov. owned), now
  part of the EuroStat (Euro-countries Buro for Statistics, independent, based in Luxembourg)
  has its CBS Koers index Algemeen
  (65-Data CdRom : NETHERLANDS CBS ALLSH OFF MKT G IDX (ticker .CBSB), but file
  contains the .CBSA tickers data, eg a big error here, which will only need the filenames (not
  the data or the tickers) to be swapped around, to now have the correct data straightened
  with correct index name + ticker). The index dates back to the early 20ees, but had such a
  major overhaul (dramatic revision) made to it in 1948, that only from this 1948-year onwards
  the records were officialy recordered, by the then State owned CBS.
-The Netherlands CBS Yield index, was maintained as a <all yields greater then 3-5 years>
  index, eg all longer term yields were included in the index, and got split up in 1952, eg into
  the now still officialy available 3-5years, 8-9 years, 10 years and the 5 longest, of which the
  10-years is the benchmark.
-This 10-years for benchmark is also true for the by EuroStat maintained Euro 10yr Yield Index.
  Actualy, and for the moment, the French 10 year yield is the Index underlay (until next revision day).
-The Netherlands based institutional servicing ROBECO Group posseses U$ Yield data dating
  back as far as 1850.
-The also Netherlands based AEX index (former EOE, European Options Exchange Index, and
  traded on the Amsterdam Exchanges) dates back to 1983 (and stems from the Amsterdam
  based European Option Exchange's start in 1978).
-The Dow Transports dates back to the early 10-20ees(1915).
-The Dow Utilities dates back to the late 20ees(1928).
-The S&P500 dates back to well in/before 50ees(1950).
-The Nasdaq Comp dates back to 1980.

All are also available from most vendors (on the Internet) and most <regular> good Data
vendors would not go back further than as far as the 80ees. But your MetaStock Program's own
CdRoms+ the shipped along MetaStock Data CdRoms (all for v6.0 and for v6.5) as well as
the M Pring's Tutorial Program's CdRoms (that also includes Reuters data) are here very
much appreciated, by myself and by many other (Dutch) MS-users.

I was already forced to change my data vendor and most likely will choose StockData
for their services (an Amsterdam based company, very high class data + service).
I was also considering Equis' Reuters RTD, also data from a well known good quality firm, but
got scared off from the regular download turmoils as I, like most other users, am desperate for
the correct data <each night of the working week> and since most of it is also automated here,
will only choose for reliable data (and also a reliable vendor!).

Let me know if I can be of (more) assistance to you on this and other subjects, and hope to also
recieve a reply from you on my request for MetaStock programs VBA and WSH-VBScript support,
eg in supplying your users with ActiveX, OCX or other dll automation support. The MetaStock
program, being Office97-based, is true build for this type of "sharp, smart & fast" automating and
programming. The Library-file as you have advertised on your web-site is not required for this
"simpler" work, eg being too "heavy", Just an ActiveX / OCX / dll -controll will do fine, tho.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.