Re: Changing Layouts

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Changing Layouts
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:07:14 -0400 (EDT)

or when you want NotePad (or WordPad) being capable off, besides being
a marvelous HEX/Text editor :
-to create HTML files and roughly the same time let the default browser show them
-to macro-ing (with any text, ascii or HEX or alike files)
-to run commands from the command line (eg incl. the in MS desperatly missing
                   parameters, options etc.)
-to assist on programming scripts/html by having different color displays for file
                   content's source codes (as also being used in Word/Excel/OE/VBA)
-to fix the MetaStock program's errors on writing files to disk.
                   The for example att. Gif is part of a here saved Template's binairy HEX
                   source code, and that, by using the DTA for File Type, can also be
                   written to (by program) like when saving to disk.
                   In this instance the exported Template got screwed up, by having
                   indicators being added to file (see UEdit.gif) when on Exporting using
                   the in one of the sub-programs (ExpertAdv) available Formula Organizer :
                   1. Eg, from starters, these Indicators were NOT included in/on the
                        original Template !!!
                   2. Export action was also done PASSWORD PROTECTED !!!!

Do VIEW the not ever before by me wanted but also supposibly "top secret" formulas,
where in this first instance the Call-function is being used in the very clear for everyone
to see formula:
                   Fml( "MACD-David L Brown-WallStreetCityCom" )
a formula that stems from the older MetaStock 6.0 version that was installed 2 yrs ago,
and of which this Indicator's name is also derived from (Ind.name can also be seen in file).

Also another "top secret" indicator, now seen as a broken down reference is clearly
visable and also not ever present in the original, and not ever wanted by me and also
clear for anyone to see (!!) :
                   MESA SW14 Bina
or the Mesa Sine Wave and part of a formula name for the 14-day Binairy Wave.

I am very glad and pleased with Chris and yours postings, as now I can clear a lot of
garbage that is left on Charts, in Layouts and other Templates, garbage that was never
put in the files, but somehow the program managed to dump this in these files (and
perhaps also creating errors on Opening the files). Thanks a lot.

(do note that the DOS-Editor is also capable to do HEX adjusting as well).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.