RE: Super Cache * or RAM Drive

  • To: "'Pamela Cleveland'" <pamela@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Super Cache * or RAM Drive
  • From: John Sellers <ay286@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:22:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pamela, I am a single computer user that has 64 MB RAM, about 18 GB hard
drive total space. I have three drives installed and one of them is front
removable and replaceable with the spare. My operating system and data use
about 1.6 GB so with compression I can make frequent backups to alternate
hard drives. I presently use the back up program Seagate which is bundled
with Windows 95/98 systems. I usually get a data rate backing up of 30 MB
per minute and slightly faster rate doing a compare function of the back up
versus the source. The compare program does not function well and usually
lists many files as back uped incorrectly.

Pamela I am sending a copy of your email to the Equis group as I believe
many of them are also interested in a product with this capability. The
Equis group are all users of the Equis International Stock Analysis
Programs.

Please let me hear from you of new and present products that will offer the
user more capability.