Re: QuoteMonster and Proxies

Hi Jim,

I've checked the setting again and tried a couple of combinations (IE has
different set-up from Netscape under Sympatico.ca's proxy).  I still keep
getting the following in the error log:

Error retrieving
http://quote.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=qlt.to+crw.to&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>An Error Occurred</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>An Error Occurred</h1>
500 Can't connect to quote.yahoo.com:80 (Unknown error)
</BODY>
</HTML>

Sympatico.ca seems to have a very restrictive proxy if one believes the
complaints I read in their sympatico.highspeed newsgroup and some of the
discussion at a local webpage devoted to Sympatico's set-up
(http://www3.sympatico.ca/virtech/).  Many people had problems with the
proxy and SETI@xxxx (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/) which were
initially resolved by using another ISP's proxy.  But this doesn't seem to
work with QuoteMonster.  SETI@xxxx seems to have changed their code
allowing it to work with Sympatico's proxy.

Any other ideas?  Is there anything I can do that might make it work either
by talking to my ISP or by providing you with some additional information
(I assume from your reply and from previous posts that QM is your baby)?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Dr. Robert Jackson
robert.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxx