Re: Since the buy signal trigger

Hi Ed

This may help. I received it from Equis support and the first one works
great. I never got round to trying the second.

Equis support=>
There are a couple of ways to generate the type of exit signal you are
wanting.  The first uses the HighestSince() function to find when your
buy condition occurred. It would look like this:

C <= 0.9 * HighestSince(1, condition, C)

When using this method, replace condition with the formula you used in
your enter long condition.  The problem with this formula is that it
only looks at the most recent buy signal.  If you get multiple signals,
this formula will only look back to the most recent.

A second way of doing this is with the peak() function.  It would look
like this:

C <= 0.9 * Peak(1, C, percent)

When using this method, replace percent with a number from 1 to 100.
This is the percent value the price must drop for a reversal to be
confirmed ( refer to the Zig Zag indicator for more information on this
).  The problem with this is that if the percent is set to high or low,
it may chose different peaks than you would.  It also only looks to the
most recent peak.

I do not know which would be best for your needs, but except for their
individual limitations, both will do what you want.

Equis Support
http://www.equis.com/
http://www.equis.com/customer/support/
Please include previous email answers and questions in your response.
END=>

Basically the 0.9 condition is that if the price falls more then 10% below
the Highest high since entering, the share will stop out.

I hope this helps and I've got it correct

Many regards

Glynn

Glynn & Lindsay Chamberlain.

glynsay@xxxxxxxxxxx