Off topic: how to clean up memory for faster launches ...

Hi everybody,

Need your advice, please. I use an old DOS plotting program to eyeball intraday charts.
With freshly booted PC, it runs nicely together with my usual stack of other applications
like Metastock, a few Web programs including  Netscape 4.51 with 3-4 windows opened
simultaneously. However, after I open and close (!) a number of other applications,
the DOS plotter starts to launch so slowly that it's just a pain. I suspect (although
my expertise here is quite limited) that as a DOS stuff the plotter is very stringent in
its
conventional memory requirement while those others applications are not good enough
in cleaning after themselves when they close. Is there a software and/or tricks
to help in such cases? With all this frustration I am getting close to giving up
and rewrite my stuff for using a Windows plotter which is a more flexible,
but ... "hope dies last".

Any ideas what can I do here if not to reboot?

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

I run Win98 on P166 MMX with 64 Mb RAM.

Please respond privately if it's not of interest to the most of list members.

Cheers, Vitaly

P.S. Tried also IE5 instead of Netscape 4.51. It makes things even worse.