Re: Recursive Moving Trendline system

Glen,
Looks like you did some good work! I had worked on this some.....but
ended-up making an oscillator out of it (subtracting the ema from the rta).
If you wish to try "tuning" it in MetaStock, you could try different entry
levels
from the oscillator....for example go long when TOSC crosses from below -2,
or Short when crosses from above +2. Anywise here is the code I came up with
if you wish to compare them to each other:

 {TOSC}
Lb:=Input("Look-Back Period?",3,100,21);
Ty:=Input("1=C 2=H 3=L 4= Median Price",1,4,1);
Tv:=If(Ty=1,C,If(Ty=2,H,If(Ty=3,L,MP())));
Alpha:=2/(LB+1);
Bot:=(1-Alpha)*(If(Cum(1)<Lb,Tv,PREV))+Tv;
RMTA:=(1-Alpha)*(If(Cum(1)<Lb,Tv,PREV))+
     (Alpha*(Tv+Bot-Ref(Bot,-1)));
TOSC:=RMTA-Mov(Tv,lb,E);
TOSC;

NOTE: this code will work slowly because of all of the "PREV" functions.

  Best wishes,
      Adam Hefner.
VonHef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx