Reply to Hum's 52-wk Hi-Lo Query

Hum,

Try this one. I'm writing the explorer query right now--I haven't yet
got the opportunity to test it myself. Hope it would work.

ColA: {Close}C;
ColB: {52-week High} HighestSince(1, (DayOfMonth()=08  AND Month()=05
AND Year()=1998), H);
ColC: {52-week Low} LowestSince(1, (DayOfMonth()=08 AND Month()=05 AND
Year()=1998), L);

Filter (for your question 1): ColA >= (0.9*(ColB))
Filter (for your question 2): ColB >= ColC

If you want both the conditions to be satisfied in the same query, just
join the two filters by the AND operator:

Filter: (ColA >= (0.9*(ColB)) AND ColB >= ColC)

One problem with the 52-wk High and 52-wk Low formula--everyday you got
to change the values for dayofmonth(), Month() and Year() functions.
The formula given above takes that you would be running the query on
May 07, 1999. Change the values of the above functions accordingly.

I could have used the Input function in Metastock but so far as I know,
if formulas with Input functions are run, Metastock considers only the
default values--that doesn't help in this case.

In this context, I suggest you read Ton's response to my post regarding
your earlier query. He has rightly raised some pertinent issues and has
given your query a new shape in the form of a highly interesting
indicator. May be this time too, he and/or someone else on the list
would offer some refinement.

Thanks for your query ideas.

Regards,

Rajat