Re: Support or Resistance Penatration question

  Mark,
Thanks for the reply. Actually you are dealing with the exact scenario I am
asking
about. I have been analyzing the "Gann-Swing" method that has been posted to
the list.......there are many things I like about it, but one thing I don't
like is that
Krausz only defines two trend directions (up or down), when in reality the
market
often moves sideways. Since this is a trend following method, you really
shouldn't
trade (with this method) in a "Trading Range" market. So I have been going
over ways
to define (logically) what a "Trading Range" is and just as important.....
to define
when the market has broken out of this "Range". That is where I first came
with
the idea of adding/subtracting ATR to the previous high/low of the trading
range
as to not signal a false breakout of the range. I suppose a 2 day rule could
just
as easily be implemented (into this mechanical method).......but I have also
seen
large moves happen in two days. Perhaps a combination of both?

  Best wishes,
      Adam Hefner.
VonHef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx