Re: Reuter Trend Datalink problems

Successful futures traders can trade stocks successfully.  Stock traders
must re-learn trading to be successful in futures.  The reasons being the
futures trader understands that he is trading, not investing.  Also, the
futures trader, if he is successful, has learned a discipline that is very
rigid.  The stock trader has a slower time factor in trading.  A "fast
market condition" in bonds or the S&P or most any futures contract is far
different than IBM or MSFT making a breakout.
I traded stocks successfully, then spent two years to learn bond and
currency trading and paid the necessary tuition.  Trading stocks is  much
easier and rewarding now because I trade them like I would the T-Bonds.
Just my opinion and my answer to your question.

Al Taglavore
----------
> From: John R. <Johnonetoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Reuter Trend Datalink problems
> Date: Friday, April 30, 1999 11:35 PM
>
> Guy...
>
> If I didn't follow stocks I could see using Compuserve as I look at
> several hundred symbols for various opportunities. As the Spyder's come
> into their own they may become my main focus and at that point my needs
> may change to something much simpler. If that happens my data needs will
> change. I guess the ultimate would be the S&P futures you're so
> successful at, aaahhhh... someday. Do successful stock traders make
> successful futures traders, anybody have any stories?
>
> Appreciate the info, Best Regards... John
>
> Guy Tann wrote:
> >
> > I've been using CompuServe for commodity quotes and except for a couple
of
> > glitches recently, haven't had a problem in several years.  Only
download a
> > few stocks and indices so I can't vouch for that part of their service.
 As
> > I remember, it cost me $9.95 a month plus $.01 a quote.
> >
> > I also tried Prophet and couldn't get a reliable download via the
Internet.
> > Would make several attempts before I was able to get most of my data.
On