Re: Advance-Decline formula

  • To: <pcmarais@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Advance-Decline formula
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:12:37 -0400 (EDT)

Be sure you have the latest Symbols file downloaded from the Equis' website
http://www.equis.com/customer/support/files/download/Symbol652.exe

The Advance or Decline are single securities by themselves and as such each
is also a single tickersymbol. In Downloader use the Symbol LookUp feature, eg
click "New|Security|LookUp", next click :
"Type: Market Indicators (DataLink Symbols)" or
"Type: Indices (Signal Symbols)" and click
"Group: All".
(note that the sources induvidualy also use their own unique tickersymbols identifying
character, eg either the cap ^ or dollar $).

A few Tickers:
ADVA     AMEX ADVANCING ISSUES
ADVQ     NASDAQ ADVANCING ISSUES
ADV        NYSE ADVANCING ISSUES
ADVN     NYSE Advancing Issues
DECLA   AMEX DECLINING ISSUES
DECLQ   NASDAQ DECLINING ISSUES
DECL      NYSE DECLINING ISSUES
DECLN   NYSE Declining Issues
UVOLA   AMEX Up Volume
UVOLN   NYSE Up Volume
UVOLQ   NASDAQ Up Volume
DVOLA   AMEX Down Volume
DVOLN   NYSE Down Volume
VOLQ      NASDAQ Down Volume

Current Data:
-Try these tickers from your local data supplier
-Yahoo website's "M0" market internals' webpage
  http://quote.yahoo.com/m0?u
  Symbol Look Up
  http://quote.yahoo.com/l
  Tickers:
  (Yahoo uses mostly the ^ character upfront)
-Quote.com
  http://www.quote.com/
  Tickers:
   (Quote.com uses mostly the $ character upfront)
-Moby Data
  http://www.mobydata.com/
   (no characters used)

Historical Data:
-Metastock's Reuters Historical Data CdRom
  (use Downloader)
-Yahoo Historical Data (csv-format available)
  http://quote.yahoo.com/q
  (click the "Download Spreadsheet Format"-link on the bottom)
-Moby Historical Data
  http://www.mobydata.com/data/alltick.zip
-Quote.com Historical Data
  http://www.quote.com/
  (Current + Historical Data downloads are also available from FTP-site)

To Automate your Daily Downloads(also Historical):
-AutoWinNet95
  (i.e. get the v4 (uses its own Ini-file), as the v5 uses the Win-Registry)
  autownet@xxxxxxxxxx
  http://www.webcom.com/autownet
  http://www.autowinnet.com/

Regards,