Explorer plug-ins or Neural nets

List,

I am making customs indicators that work all together to detect buy and
sells. Basically, I am using bollinger bands on indicators themselves. I am
now using MACD, SAR, STOCHastics, RSI, StochRSI, DMI and ADX, CMO, Money
Flow as defined by Bollinger.

I have made binary waves indicators which give results but not exactly as I
wish, because I would like to make more fuzzy logic relative to the
indicator value. For example saying it is good to buy when RSI is crossing
30 ascending is not really accurate. This is found when optimizing a
Metastock system test using any conventional indicator. Sometimes the most
accurate value is 29 or 27 or 33 and so on.

I made signifiant progress in chart reading when applying Bollinger Bands on
the indicator itself.

I am trying to make fuzzy logic approach, defining success factor ranges on
each indicator I use. Saying for example when the RSI is rising and in the
25-35 range, the stock will more probably rise then when RSI is in neutral
zone (for example 35-65). This gives a fuzzy logic approch when applied
globally on a lot of indicators.

In Excel, it is far more easy to do rather then in Metastock which do not
handle really well vectors (to compute the statistics with linear or non
linea functions) and explorer and indicators formulas are limited in formula
text size.

It is tedious and I find it very complicated to optimize.

Possibility 1) I am considering either to plug-in an external function
written in C or any programming language which can generate DLLs to the
explorer and I was wondering if this is possible in Metastock, and how
difficult it is to do this.

Possibility 2) I am very doubtful about Neural nets because I think it is a
great tool to recognize patterns (like Optical character Recognition or
voice recognition), but I am not so sure it is a great tool to identify good
technical probabilities based on indicators. But it seems one quite popular
branch in trading systems, so I was wondering how successfull is this
approach. Has anybody tried Neural nets products like NeuroShell trader,
Biocomp or NeuroForecaster+Genetica which seems to handle Fuzzy logic rules
? If you have tried using neural nets systems, are you still using them, and
how difficult it was to define new rules, was it a matter a days, weeks or
months ?

Thank you

Laurent GITTLER