Data vendors/Excel/RealTime etc.

Want to see venom and the gnashing of teeth?  Go check out the Omega list
following the recent release of TS2000i.  The noise and dust kicked here up
over the MSWin 6.52 patch pales in comparison.  I did find some nuggets
during that excursion however.  One is Quote.com and their Qfeed setup.
Here's an e-mail off the Omega list.
>Dear List,
>This Qcharts that Robin has posted really does look interesting. If you
>scroll down a little you can see that they have a small (39k) Qlink DDE
>0.6 Beta file that will grab data real time from their servers and allow
>you to use it in Excel with DDE. Interestingly, they have a developer
>program for anyone programming in VB, C, Delphi, etc. to use the COM
>architecture to write their own trading programs and use their servers.
>Man, this is exactly what Tradestation is anyway. You are going to have
>to program COM anyway if you want to have the versatility of interacting
>with the TS global server in the first place. QCharts has a webpage at:
>http://www.quote.com/qcharts/index.html
>Also, the R/T quotes are more than half the price of BMI and others. I
>have sent them an e-mail, and will seriously consider just using Excel
>and Qlinks DDE program to chart my R/T data. It's so simple to set up
>quote monitors in Excel, and then chart the data, and mathematically
>manipulate it with the tools already pre-programmed into Excel. You also
>have tabs at the bottom so you could have a bunch of spaces open. I bet
>it wouldn't hog resources as much as TS 2000i either. If you aren't into
>Excel, I noticed that they do have a charting program already available.
>Just a "heads up". This could be good.
>Best Regards,
>Eddie

Also I discovered an amazing little charting program called Ensign (I think
someone one this forum mentioned it previously) that is amazingly well put
together and has a lot of potential for those that can program in lower
level languages similar to PASCAL.  Also has DDE link to Excel.  Hopefully
these guys will get together with Quote.com as a data feed and this could be
good.  Here's another copy of an e-mail from the venom board.