Weekly Pick

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This was a very busy
week.&nbsp; I added RDC to my portfolio Monday and was stopped out of
DELL.&nbsp; I added DELL back Thursday when it looked like it was bouncing off
the bottom of a long term up trend channel.&nbsp; Finally, </FONT><FONT
color=#000000 size=2>I tried to relearn the lesson of &quot;Stick to your
System&quot;.&nbsp; On Wednesday morning I was stopped out of AMZN and
WMT.&nbsp; I didn't like the looks of the market so I decided to go to 50% cash
and closed out my AOL and SCH positions also.&nbsp; My system was saying that I
should stay in AOL and SCH, but I didn't.&nbsp; Sure enough both gapped up
Thursday morning.&nbsp; I rectified my mistake by jumping back in, but I lost
some profit I would have had if I had just stayed in as my system called
for.&nbsp; The question is - did I learn my lesson or not?&nbsp; Time will tell
&lt;G&gt;.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I still have cash in my
portfolio and want to replace AMZN with another internet position.&nbsp; After a
lot of looking, my choice is Network Solutions (NSOL).&nbsp; Network Solutions
is the exclusive registrar -- for the time being -- of address names ending in
domains .com, .edu, .net, and .org. The company, which has registered more than
three million addresses, provides domain name information to Internet root
servers worldwide, and offers intranet development and network security
services. To me, this looks like a license to coin money since all the companies
and individuals registering names must pay an annual fee &lt;G&gt;.&nbsp; It's
an extremely volatile stock so it's not for the weak of heart.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
NSOL at $106.50 is in a wide Intermediate Term Up Trend Channel (ITUTC) with the
top at 190 and the bottom at 102 1/2.&nbsp; It looked like it bounced off that
bottom Thursday and Friday.&nbsp; During the week it fell from Monday's high of
153.8 and lost 30% of its value as a Market Shorter tried to jaw bone it down
and succeeded, at least temporarily.&nbsp; I think he was wrong and this is a
buying opportunity, but a very risky one.&nbsp; The binary wave is positive, but
falling and the QStick is negative and falling as you would expect after a 30%
drop in a week, so they aren't much help.&nbsp; The long term trend is
definitely up and the fundamentals are interesting for an internet stock.&nbsp;
NSOL has the typically high internet price/sales at 18.9, but it offsets that
with actual earnings which is unusual for an internet stock.&nbsp; It has
current earnings of $.34 and its sales, income, and EPS are all showing growth
rates over 100% per year.&nbsp; Since this is such a volatile position, I'm
going to watch it Monday morning and only enter if it is rising.&nbsp; If I do
get my position, I'll set my initial target just under Monday's high at
150.&nbsp; I'll set my stop just under the ITUTC at 101 3/4.&nbsp; If it takes
off, I'll switch my stop to a short term channel just as soon as it makes sense
to construct one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>JimG</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sat Mar 27 15:40:05 1999