Re: Multiple monitors in Win98

I stumbled across this again and is important to know when selecting the video
cards. It is from the Windows 98 help. Although it says PCI and AGP I read
someplace else that the PCI cards where not supported for multiple monitors. I
use my ISA slots for three monitors. Below is a list of chips that must be on
the video card.

Does the Multi-Monitor feature of Windows 98 support your PCI or AGP cards?
The multiple-monitor-support feature of Windows 98 only supports the following
selected PCI and AGP cards:

ATI Mach64 GX (Supports Direct Draw)
Trident 9685/9680/9682/9385/9382/9385-1 PCI
S3 764V+ (765), Trio 64V2
S3 ViRGE (Supports Direct Draw and Direct 3D)
S3 Aurora (S3M65)
Cirrus 5436,7548,5446
ATI Rage 1 and 2 (VT and greater)
ATI 3D Rage Pro

For an updated list of compatible hardware visit the Microsoft website at the
following Web address:

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=windows98&ar=support&pver=4.1

Harley