Re: Change security "use smart charts"

<x-html><HTML>
Thanks Ian,
<BR>You are right.

<P>(In my first message, I used the word "layout" instead of "template",
but you understood it correctly)
<BR>(it is now corrected below this answer)
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>BUT.....
<BR>That is when I am working on, say, Dell.
<BR>So, I have a template and a smart chart with that security
<BR>Now, I want to change of security to ,say, Exxon .
<BR>Therefore I click on the right arrow in the lower corner of my screen.
<BR>That is for the smart chart, it is ok.
<BR>But, when I want to change the template security, if I do the same,
...I will get a smart chart.&nbsp; To avoid this, I should change the option....but...I
am lazy and want to find an other solution.

<P>I know this could seem a bit stupid, but when changing options, securities,
and screening, applying a expert etc...
<BR>A lot of clicks are needed, and I want to avoid them.
<BR>Even with a macro program, I haven't been able to set up a macro, because
my environement&nbsp; (options, securities, indicators, number of charts,
... ) is always changing.

<P>Now, it gets more complicated :
<BR>imagine I just change the smart chart security.&nbsp; Thereafter, I
would be applying a template...
<BR>But! , to have both charts of the same security (one layout, one smart)
I would have to uncheck the option "close all other open charts" of the
layout.&nbsp; but then, all other templates remain open (to close them
: lots of clicks, to let them so : stupid and memory is then unusefully
used.)

<P>P.S&nbsp; All this becomes much more complicated if you suppose I am
using three (or more if I become crazy)
<BR>charts of the same security at the mean time (two templates and one
smart chart)....

<P>;-)

<P>I hope I don't bother the list with this,
<BR>And thanks again for any suggestion
<BR>Kind regards,

<P>Augustin Bataille
<BR>Belgium
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Ian Burgoyne wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Augustin,
<BR>If you use the same indicators on each security you follow it would
be
<BR>easy to create a template with all your indicators included. This would
<BR>enable you to keep the smartcharts clear of indicators. When you wish
<BR>check the indicators on a security, simply right click for the menu,
<BR>then click "Apply Template". Then choose the<B> </B>template you want.
A chart
<BR>with the chosen indicators will appear of the security you have been
<BR>viewing as a smartchart. The smartchart will be in the background and
<BR>you can view both charts on the screen together. If all your indicators
<BR>won't fit on the one template, make two or three templates.
<BR>If you are unsure how to make a template let the list know and we will
<BR>help.

<P>Regards
<BR>Ian Burgoyne
<BR>Melbourne
<BR>Augustin Bataille wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> Hello
<BR>> In Tool/options/application properties/chart options, there is the
<BR>> change security "use smart chart" possbility.
<BR>> When making this choice, it is working on all open charts. (that
is
<BR>> what I found out)
<BR>> I would like to be able to use 2 charts on my screen.&nbsp; The reason
is
<BR>> that the charts often have to many indicators/lines so that they
are
<BR>> totally unclear/unreadable.
<BR>> The first chart would be a <B>template</B> with indicators, in inner
windows
<BR>> but also on the chart (like the Dynamic Multiple TimeFrame, more
<BR>> EMA's, etc.)
<BR>> The second one would just be the smart chart of the security, with
<BR>> trendlines, and other lines studies, etc.
<BR>>
<BR>> When I am "screening" some stocks, I would like that my<B> template</B>
uses
<BR>> the template self (so, not the smart chart, because I would lose
the
<BR>> DMTF f.i.) and the second one smart charts.&nbsp; So could I have
<BR>> synoptic view on all kind of indicators.
<BR>>
<BR>> I haven't found any other solution than each time to change the "use
<BR>> smart chart" option&nbsp; before and after changing the chart in
the <B>template</B>
<BR>> and the smart chart self.
<BR>>
<BR>> It there any way to cope with this?
<BR>>
<BR>> Thanks for your help
<BR>> (Do not hesitate to tell me if I haven't been clear enough in my
<BR>> explaination!)
<BR>>
<BR>> Augustin Bataille
<BR>> Belgium</BLOCKQUOTE>