Re: data download template

Guy,

Yes it is also called Quote Monkey.  You can also download in ASCII format.
 I do agree with you on both counts: 1) like the idea of maintaining own
database,  Excel/Access;  2) the easy way out.  I need to focus on the
trading business, not the data maintenance business.  That was a big thing
with Dow Jones Private Investor: the data was flawless.  Had to download
before 12 p.m. cst, but this was easier to deal with than unlimited
downloads 24 hours a day with flawed data.

Al Taglavore
----------
> From: Guy Tann <grt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: data download template
> Date: Wednesday, March 17, 1999 2:28 AM
>
> Al
>
> Thanks.  I'll take a look at them.  I think I have already looked at
their
> web site.  Is their software called Monkey or Quote Monkey or something
like
> that?
>
> I remember seeing a data provider out there who provided  data in ASCII
> format by day that you could download.  They had weeks or months of back
> data there also, so if you missed a day or two, you could pick it up.
Then
> you would unzip it and load it into MS.  One of the alternatives I'm
> seriously considering is bypassing MS entirely and maintain my own Access
> data base.  I just don't know.  I like the idea of having a package do
all
> the work so I can concentrate on the 'system'.  Knowing me, I'll just
take
> the easy way out. <G>
>
> We don't use any Globex numbers in our calculations, so if I need to get
> price, I just go out on the net and look it up.
>
> I'm beginning to get excited about getting started on the VBA coding
portion
> of my Excel spreadsheets.  Maybe I'll start to get productive here. <G>
>
> At least until Friday, then my son is off until the day after Easter for
> Spring Break.  All of my time will be spent entertaining an 8 year old!
>
> Regards
>
> Guy

Issen
> > Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 3:09 PM
> > To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: data download template
> >

> > Bradley:
> >
> > I agree with you.  You misunderstood the direction of my question.
There