power users

Thanks Dale

I read that ... and didn't believe that that's what he did.

"... Kill CurDir & "\getwebdata.iqy"..."

Thanks for the explanation.

- 0 -

I beginning to think that as "power users", Metastockers eventually are
forced to become programmers. As Mr. Fritch asked, what platform to use?

The Metastock "power users" project / plan / application that I "see" has
several phases:

a) getting the data into Excel, either from Metastock or directly from the
web sites. It sounds like the Quotes Plus users have the dll's in place with
Mr. Fritch's two downloads. By the way I don't really know what "dll's" are.

b) developing a "data mining" workbook to look at patterns, seasonally etc.

c) develop a Technical analysis workbook, such as Mr. Fritch's fine example.

d) develop a trade systems workbook, that includes all of the trading
systems used and the resulting trades listed

e) develop a trade analysis workbook that examines trade systems, patterns
etc.

Most Metastockers may be happy with just a) and c), the data transfer and
the TA module.

So how we get there, or who helps, I don't care. This is where I'd like to
go.

Advanced work will probably be done privately because of privately developed
indicators etc.

So when you asked me what needs to be done? That's what I see. Jim or Lionel
or Chuck or Adam or others may have different "visions" of the project.
These guys are vocal enough. They aren't "shrinking violets".

Where do we start? ... We just start.

Best regards

Walter