Re: permanent DDE links: How?

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 23:59:39 +0100, you wrote:

>So, suggest to create and put the to be OLE linked Chart(standard version but
>having the Programs Option "Use Smart Charts" applied), into their own working
>folder, then to link these Charts to their consequtive Smart Charts(usualy have a
>number "in their name", but that is here irrelevant, unlike in Excel), or to link the
>Smart Charts to their consequetive Charts, and then to test these method(s).

Thank you for your helpful advice. I will try this to get things
stable.

>As to the Excel to Ms question:
>Note that the to be linked indicator dates will have to match the base security's
>dates, at least to guarantee proper OLE link outcome results.

Uhhh..., is this a MUST? Does the range of the dates really have to be
the same at both sides? If so, I have to change a lot in my
appropriate Excel sheets to meet this condition.

>Suggest to Link the base security's dates to Excel first, have the Excel indicator
>streamlined with these dates, and then to Link the Excel indicator to MS. This
>way, tho, requires for both the files to be Opened, eg to get updated simultaniously.
>Also a CSV layout(comma's in seperate columns or used in the cells properties)
>being used in Excel might be preferable and keeping it down to one or two
>columns as well (see further MS-Manual p. 11+13).
>Otherwise in Excel Selecting, Copying and in Metastock Pasting Special
>as CSV in a freshly new created Inner Window(from the WorkMenu's Window)
>and later to SAVE AS as Chart, will not give major problems.
>Updating will then be automatically done when you Open the Chart(or both the
>Chart and Excel files should you choose to use the base security link above).

Thank you again for your great advice. I will play around with it to
get a more convenient procedure for my everyday option analysis. Thank
you!

mfg rudolf stricker