</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Mon Mar 08 09:36:10 1999
From: "Laurent GITTLER" <lgittler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <suggestions@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'Metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: System Tester Suggestions : Explorer questions or suggested enhancements
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:35:29 +0200
Sender: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

About a subject asked about 2 months ago by equis, here are some new
suggestions I would like to get in Metastock.

Has anyone any idea on how to start several explorations automatically, or
to set the current date to some date in the past for explorer back-test  ?

Here is what I want to do :

Trying to program new explorations, I discovered also that there are some
limitations in Metastock,

1) I would like more columns also in the explorer (A-F is just not enough).

2) I would like also that some explorations be chained. When I get the end
of day data, I would like to start different explorations and start them
one after the other automatically, so that I can see them later. As an
option, If possible, I would like the reports be printed automatically as
well.

3) I would like to use variables, in the exploration and have a real
programming language with procedures so that I can fine tune my
explorations.

4) I would like those explorations be used as system tests on a set of
securities, not jus one security (so I can see whether the are really godd
or bad), Basically I am coding technical patterns using bollinger bands and
other home made technical indicators, and I get about 4 to 8 hits per day
only on 8500 stocks, and the securities are often changing day after day.
Basically, it's like a cup and handle, triple bottom, and so on, it
statistically happens very rarely and I would like to make sure I could make
consistent returns using those patterns.

So I would like to automate the test process in the past on all securities,
for that I need to set a date in the past to back-test my explorations. The
only way I found is to use two different data directories, one stopping at
the date I wish to use for backtests in the past, the other one for real
up-to-date data, so that I can make sure my buy and sell explorations
signals (I use to different explorers for that) are good.

Maybe there is a simpler way to use that in explorers (I use formulas like
highestsincebars()and other functions relative to the current date). I would
like to easily set the current date to some date in the past.

Has anyone any idea on how to start several explorations automatically, or
to set the current date to some date in the past for explorer back-test  ?

Thank you

Laurent GITTLER