Indicator Builder must be upgraded?

Several times now while in the middle of developing system indicators with an
expert using MetaStock 6.50 with no patches I've received the following message:

"The indicators in the Indicator Builder file must be updated to work with this
version of MetaStock.

Do you want to update the Indicator Builder File"

Yes  No  Help"

Pressing "Help" gives no help.  Pressing "No" results in the same message.
Pressing "Yes" wipes out all the indicators.  If I then import from the Equis
backup file which is automatically created, all my custom indicators are lost
but not the custom expert.  Needless to say, this is driving me nuts!  It has
happened on my old 486 computer and my new Pentium II 350 computer.

The system I'm developing is pushing MetaStock's language to the limit.  It does
all those things that drags MetaStock down, such as using PREV in functions,
using formula values, etc..  The system is very slow but by limiting the chart
to a year or less of daily data it does work.  If I use a large amount of data,
ten years or so, the system will crash - but not every time.  The error message
occurs after a crash, but not every time.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Gary Randall -- Brunswick, Maine