RE: Metastock Upgrade, and Windows NT 4 problem - Equis Support

It is possible the update file was damaged during collection and could
only partially install on your system. If so you will need to uninstall
and reinstall.  Then collect the msw652.exe file and install it to
complete the update process.  You do this as follows:

Shut down MetaStock and The DownLoader.

Click Start|Settings|Control Panel.

Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.

Highlight MetaStock.

Click the Add/Remove button.

Windows will Uninstall MetaStock.

Close Control Panel.

Install MetaStock 6.5 again using the installation CD.

Collect the msw652.exe file from web site 2/8/99 and install it to see
if this helps.  Here is the URL:

http://www.equis.com/customer/support/files/updates.html#mseod

After you install the Msw652.exe file start MetaStock and click
Help|About MetaStock to make sure the help menu shows version 6.52 with
a build date of 2/5/99.  If so go back to our web site and collect the
Msw652a.exe file and install it.  The URL is the same:

http://www.equis.com/customer/support/files/updates.html#mseod

After you install the Msw652a.exe file, start The DownLoader and click
Help about The DownLoader to make sure the help menu shows version 6.52
with a build date of 2/23/99.

Then start MetaStock and try this again to see if it helps.

If this still happens it could mean the data files have been damaged.
If so create a new data file for one of your securities.  Then open the
new data file.  If the new data file opens but the old file does not
this verifies something damaged the old data files and they will need to
be created again as new files.

Equis Support
http://www.equis.com/
http://www.equis.com/customer/support/
Please include previous email answers and questions in your response.

Equis and MetaStock and MetaStock Professional are registered trademarks
of Equis International.  Achelis Binary Wave, The DownLoader, Expert
Advisor, OptionScope, Quotecenter, and Smart Charts are trademarks of
Equis International.