RE: AOL, CSCO, & WMT

David Walton wrote:

"You actually posted a POSSIBLE scenario where a person MIGHT have made a
butt load of money.
But you didn't say that YOU did this and you CERTAINLY did not post
anything CLOSE to "proof of trades"
as you assert."

Here, here. As a daytrader, I concentrate on one trade at a time. While
that trade is unfolding, I am not watching all the thousands of other
charts unfold. Inevitable, I notice better trades that I "should have"
taken had I even seen the chart! But this is the experience of every
daytrader I think. Many "famous" daytraders have talked about the "trade
you weren't in" being the great one. There's are just some human
limitations in real time trading. In hindsight, however, one can really
pick out the great trades!

"I am going to assume you are well intentioned and not trying to raise
business for this not-so-reputable web site.
(I say that because it is most DEFINITELY NOT reasonable to take someones
credit card number for a "FREE" trial.
As a matter of fact I think it smacks of fraud and might be enough to
attract legal scrutiny.  anyway...)  Assuming you
are a good guy may I point out that trading as you do IS VERY RISKY and
that 2 months of trading that way IN NO WAY
PROVES ANYTHING, except that you most certainly have been LUCKY.  Maybe
you ARE on to something, TIME WILL
BE THE JUDGE.  I strongly urge you (a good guy) to tone down;  you might
be due for a few bad trades next, like we ALL
hit from time to time.  Will you come back to this list telling us of
your losers then?"

There was recently a similar incident on the RealTraders list, as those
of you on both lists will recognize. A person, claiming to be a 16-year
old boy, wrote in that he turned $3000 into $21000 in one month, and now
knows "the secret" to making tons of money. In fact, he wanted to quit
high school since he obviously didn't need any more education. Anyway,
the list didn't react too kindly. They attacked his credibility, wanted
proof, etc. etc.
Personally, I don't care if this kid or Doc did it or not. That's their
business. What I completely agree with is that the tone of Doc's
presentation is what generated this whole thread, not his information.

"Guy Tann and JimG and Steve Karnish and Richard Estes (where did he go
folks?) have EARNED RESPECT on this list."

100% agreement on this one too. These guys make a living trading, and not
just over two months. And they have been very generous with their time
and knowledge on this list. Why would Doc assume that they don't know
about Edwards and McGee and candlesticks?

I am always interested in learning new things. I, for one, have not found
the "secret" to making millions of dollars per month. I still work hard
to improve my trading. I would hope that we won't scare away people who
truly have discoveries to share with this thread. Perhaps Doc's website
is really great. I don't know. But I vote for not attacking other members
of this list just because you think you have had some success in the
market. Those four guys mentioned have had their share of "great trades"
also and they're not insulting every one else.

So, Doc, thanks for sharing. But do it without assuming that everyone
here is ignorant of basic charting methods. Better yet, don't assume
anything. Just share information.

Gila

"Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has." -- Ethics of the Fathers