Using Excel with MS

For those who asked "what can Excel be used for in trading along with MS?"
I'll tell you about one spreadsheet trade analysis "workbook" that I've seen
so far.

- 0 -

Put the inter-changeable data in one sheet. The "!" function in the code
used in the rest of the sheets in the workbook automatically references the
data in the first sheet.

automatically convert to weekly, monthly etc. data in the next sheet

set up the your sheets for calaulating ranges, HHV, or any other variable
that you need to access.

set up your sheets for trading system # 1 trades (i.e. MA cross) + system
report sheet + charts and trade analysis

duplicate those sheets for as many different (i.e., non-correlated for
example) trading systems as you want to test on that data

set up master reporting page including statistical analysis reports

- 0 -

So, you enter the data and the program grinds away automatically. Then you
enter the next batch of data and the program grinds away. etc.

My own spreadsheet interest is in spread trades analysis, days in trade, MAE
& MFE, trade profiles etc.

So there lots of work ahead using  basic formula writing and macros without
getting into Visual Basic.

Best regards

Walter