Re: Screen capture programs

Why not install the HTML-printer(=driver) found in the Microsofts' Win95 great
Power Tools package, freely available at the  http://support.microsoft.com   website?
Here I have it installed twice, once as a Print to Paper and once as a Print to File printer.

You could also, substituting the HTML here, install the Generic standard text Printer(=driver)
that ships with the Win95-CdRom, for plain ASCII-Text only. Here you could also do
both of the above installations and is also freely available at the above Microsoft Support site.

You can then print any text, that is seen in an Active window, to a file.
Gif files themselves cannot be directly converted to readable ASCI-text, eg text making sence
to humans. Indeed an OCR(optical character reqocnition) program is then required.
If I'm not mistaken, Paint Shop Pro 5x  http://www.jasc.com   can also capture screen images
and OCR them to text and save to file.

If your concern is to print Folders' contents then read the very handy Directory Printer's
message below.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx

MISSING UTILITY - Directory Printer

Have you ever tried to print the contents of a folder or directory in
Windows Explorer? Don't spend too much time searching your system's Help
files for tips, because it's a feature that doesn't exist in Windows 95.
Thankfully, there's Directory Printer, a handy program that makes it easy
to print single directories or entire trees; for the latter, you can even
specify the number of subdirectories to be printed. You can also tailor
output to include fields such as long or short file names, file size,
date created, and attributes; sort and limit the printed items based on
file type; and more. You can also output a file list to an ASCII text
file that closely resembles the printed form, or to a comma-delimited
file that can be imported into most spreadsheet and database programs.

FACT FILE:
Program name:   Directory Printer
Version:        2.0
Size:           390K
Developed by:   Glenn Alcott
License:        shareware ($15)
Requirements:   Windows 95/NT

Enjoy the convenience:

http://www.shareware.com/DD/sw/0%2C156%2C1007-1-004%2C00.html

 DirPrint  Version 3.0.4    21-Apr-98 59K Win 95/98/NT
 Freeware - Never Expires - No Registration Required

<1 min at 28.8K  <1 min at 56K  <1 min at ISDN 128K>

A utility to easily print a list of all files in a directory from within the
Windows Explorer.
Includes options for printing subdirectories, a filter for
attributes (e.g. print only hidden files) and much more.

Install & Uninstall

DirPrint will install by clicking the Setup.exe, envoking the Windows Installer.
The files will be copied and installed and can be removed by using the Windows
add/remove program within Control Panel. Only 3 files will be installed, and the
program usage can only be accessed "from within the Windows Explorer".

-Requires the VB 5.0 Runtimes.

Published by Wim Heirman  DirPrint Home Page
mailto:wimh@xxxxxx
http://www.winfiles.com/apps/98/explorer-addons.html
http://www.digibel.org/~wimh/