Re: NYSE: NEW HIGHs & NEW LOWs (part-1)

From: michael arnoldi <marnoldi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: A METASTOCK GROUP <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: zondag 14 februari 1999 11:03
Subject: NYSE: NEW HIGHs & NEW LOWs

>is there a site to download historical data for the above info ?
>or can someone e-mail me the data for say the last 6 month ?
>
>thanks
>mike arnoldi

Try the Yahoo site mentioned in the old message below.
Most Historical data from the Yahoo site is in proper order
with sometimes only the Open or Volume to be (slightly) different.
(some of their current data is only sometimes a bit off track).

You should use a program like AutoWinNet55 to have the
downloads pre-set, eg at night, and the addresses for each
individual indexes or stocks History files you can easely
manualy add to the programs " ini " file in text editor NotePad.
http://www.autowinnet.com/

Al you will have to change in the lines below is the ticker symbol
which too can be found on the Yahoo site(actualy they have plenty
of tickers there split-up by alphabetical order/groups or by industry
group and sometimes per index as well).

Have reposted to the List, as (part-2), the overhere present but old and
very incomplete list of currently available index tickers(around 100+)
as you might find that to be usefull for the moment.

Futher down below are also(apart from Yahoo's instructions below)
the very simple and straight forward instructions on how to download
daily values from the Yahoo site, using the for FREE MSQuote v1.0
program and how to download it (Last mentioned was that it contained
some bugs so it was for Win95 only(this was 1 month ago) and another
but now fixed for Win98 version would be made available asap.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx

1. On the Metastock Data CdRom(back to 1980).

2. And on the Yahoo site(back to 1923).

Download Spreadsheet Format
http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=^spx&a=1&b=1&c=1&d=11&e=5&f=98&g=d&q=q&y=0&z=^spx&x=.csv
http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=^djt&a=1&b=1&c=1&d=11&e=5&f=98&g=d&q=q&y=0&z=^djt&x=.csv
http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=^dji&a=1&b=1&c=1&d=11&e=5&f=98&g=d&q=q&y=0&z=^dji&x=.csv

with
?s=Symbol
&a=Start Month (mm)
&b=Start Day (dd)
&c=Start Year (yy)
&d=End Month (mm)
&e=End Day (dd)
&f=End Year (yy)
&g=(d: Daily, w: Weekly, m: Monthly)
&q=(q: spreadsheet, <other>: html)
&y=Records (Line Rows)
&z=Filename (Symbol)
&x=Filename Extension (.csv, .html)

Symbol Look Up
http://biz.yahoo.com/l/
Symbol Look Up (alphabetical)
http://biz.yahoo.com/i/

3. And on the Moby Site(back to 1983).

Moby Data Download
ALLTICK.ZIP file contains the entire Moby Data historical library tickers in one single file.
ALLDATA.ZIP file contains the entire Moby Data historical library data in one single file.
The file is approximately 4.0mb in size and - depending on your modem speed - should take
no longer than 45 minutes to download. The library files are daily updated, and kept current.

Click Here to download the ALLTICK.ZIP file.
http://www.mobydata.com/data/alltick.zip

Click Here to arrange the ALLDATA.ZIP files colums/format
http://www.mobydata.com/data2.htm

Click Here to download the ALLDATA.ZIP file
http://www.mobydata.com/data/alldata.zip

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxx