Re: Bill Williams' Profitunity indicators

I read that article, too.  Unfortunately I didn't keep it and now I can't
find it at Futures Magazine's website, so if anyone else has it, please post
it.

The criticisms were valid.  I recall one was that Bill Williams blasted the
$3,000 trading system and black-box vendors, and then made sure to mention
his Investor's Dream software.  I think the other criticism was an example
of a 3-month Dell trade using his system that produced a $35,000 profit.
Williams did not mention that the capital required to execute all the buy
signals was $180,000.  In fairness to Bill Williams, this was just an
illustration of how the trades are executed.  That kind of capital allocated
to a single security is not required to trade the system.

I would add a couple more criticisms, myself.   First, he repeatedly (and
annoyingly) refered to the formula for calculating a price midpoint as
(H-L)/2 rather than (H+L)/2.  Second, some of his descriptions of his
indicators were less than precise and it took some work to accurately define
them.  I must say, though, that his trading group in Texas City, Texas were
helpful in clarifying this for me.

To call Bill Williams a scammer, however, I think is a bit harsh.