Re: Primate vs Prophet EOD service

>I'm glad I'm not the only one to have had problems trying to get it to
work.
>Brenda, while being very nice, wasn't too helpful.

I had the same experience with Brenda at ProphetDirect...ALL (yes ALL) of
the futures volume data that I downloaded from them was extremely incorrect
and a large number of contracts had substantial amounts of data missing at
either the beginning or end; Brenda took note of these shortcomings when I
spoke to her (I waited 2 hours for a callback - I was never able to speak to
any representative there directly when I called, either before, during, or
after market hours). The data was so bad that I cancelled the service the
day after I signed up.

I've used Primate, and while they are by no means the best, there just isn't
any contest between them and Prophet, in my opinion. In my experience,
Prophet is only exceeded by Reuters as being the WORST service around (it's
8:00AM on 2/9/98 in New York as I write this, and there has been NO update
to the
futures for 2/8/98 yet).