Sentiment survey...

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 2 / 8 / 99

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 2/1 through 2/7 on our web site.

Number of participants: 362

30 day outlook:

39% bullish,  50% last week
33% bearish,  36% last week
28% neutral,  14% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 1/12: 9347 (it was 9348
last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Last week was a rather volatile one. Although the DJIA was virtually
unchanged for the week, closing down 54 points, the SP500 was down 3.1% for
the week and the Nasdaq was down 5.3%. So last weeks's sentiment numbers
have to be viewed in a context of mixed performances by the market indexes.

Bullish sentiment dropped 11% to 39%. Bearish sentiment also dropped, but
by a more modest 3%. The big gainer was the neutral camp, which picked up
14% to 28%. This large jump in neutral sentiment has us looking for a
volatile week. We have noticed a loose correlation of high neutral readings
with volatility. And we would also give a slight edge to the bulls, due to
that 11% drop in bullish sentiment.

Please stop by to take part in this weeks survey at:
http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker