Re: Happy 99 Virus

Actually happy99 is a worm not a virus.
Don't remove wsock32.ska this is a copy of your original wsock32.dll which was
replaced with a corrupted version which will mail out copies of itself to any
email or newsgroup recipient. Instead, remove wsock32.dll then rename
wsock32.ska wsock.dll.
Be sure to remove all instances of happy99.exe from your computer, and remove
all of the other ska files as per Kevin's message. Also if you ran happy99 when
you were online, and have not yet rebooted, you may have instructions in your
registry to insert the worm.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce=SKA.EXE

If you have not run happy99.exe when you received it, you should not be
infected.
If you remember running a program you received which popped up a window
displaying fireworks, you probably are infected.
It is easy to be infected and not realize it. To be sure, send yourself email,
If you receive 2 messages instead of one with the same subject line and one of
them contains happy99.exe then you need to be wormed.

--

Best
Barry