Re: Data Folders in Metastock

I use SP100...SP400...SP500 under the data directory......so I can just
load the symbol lookup list before I download....i upgrade the list every
other month....and before I do anything i go out tho the explorer and
delete all my subdirectorires under data...then set the downloader to go
off around midnite and go to bed..... But with the OTC..ie..nasdaq lookup
group..I separate into 4 directories..because I get the message ..not more
than 2000 symbols " in a directory..so I have
nasd-a-g..nasd_h-j...nasd_k-p,,,nasd_q-x..or something very close...and it
is a pain the the butt when i update the symbol list because i cannot
select all......if anyone has a suggestion to make it easier.please let me
know....this still beats maintaining the SP groups manually..as I had done
for a few years....

At 12:44 PM 1/29/99 , you wrote:
>I'm just looking for general opinions.  Do most of you keep your data
>directories nice and simple (e.g., c:\equis\data\stocks) or do you further
>subdivide into sectors (technology, cyclicals) and/or types of securities
>(futures, options, funds)?
>
>What do you feel the advantages and disadvantages are for each method?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Steve

	Have a nice day
	Jim Kerwin