Re: Re[4]: alligator

Murray,

I'm using the Awesome Oscillator (AO) and the Acceleration/Deceleration
Oscillator (A/D), and have been very impressed with both.  Since I use a
"continuation of the trend" type system, they are used together to indicate
a momentum surge in the direction of the trend.  These oscillators can be
used in different ways, but my use is limited to the technique described in
Chapter 7 ("Trading in the Zones") of Bill William's book, NEW TRADING
DIMENSIONS.  (This use is the simplest and easiest to code .)  A BUY
signal is triggered (along with other filters) when today's value of AO is
> yesterday's value and today's value of A/D is > yesterday's value.  Can't
get much simpler than that.

Using TechniFilter Plus I was able to test these oscillators using several
hundred stocks over several years and was pleasantly surprised at the
results.  Using the AO and A/D together resulted in a significant "bump" in
average daily return over the AO alone.  Including an index (e.g., S&P 500)
with these indicators to ensure the trade was in the direction of the
overall market provided further surprising increases in average daily
return.

These indicators are truly awesome and I heartily recommend them.  I also
recommend his book.  It's clear and very well written, full of lots of good
info, and entertaining as well.

Bill