Re: Quotes-Plus v2.x Virtual Not Compatible with MS v6.52 & Windo ws 98

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Quotes-Plus v2.x Virtual Not Compatible with MS v6.52 & Windo ws 98
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:18:12 -0500 (EST)

-Is this " MFC "-file you mentioned perhaps the new Metastock 652-DLL file
      " MSFL651.dll " , 167kB , dated 12-12-1998 succesfully installed (by patch)
        or
-Is there a new file " MFCx.dll " to be added to or to replace (by patch) an
        older file in the Win95|System-folder, much like there are "MFC"-files
       already there (see list below)
       or
-Is this "new MFC-file" not been added (by patch) ?

The list below is of the Windows|System folder's current contents(and also on the entire
"C"-drive for that matter) and is reduced to any files with the unique " MFC " letters in
their name.
(To having had the below list reduced and printable, any files found in the Win95|System
folder(or on the C-drive) and containing the "MFC" letters in their name, where only
temperarely "spare-copied" to the D:\Temp folder at first).

Also hereby, do find below my Videocard-manufacturer Diamond's reply to my request
for support and assistance/availablity of any newer version drivers/upgrades.

Note too, that in a previous mail, I have also already mentioned that opening any of the
Layouts/Templates in the SafeMode(+NetworkSupport) had Metastock to return the
same SD-error and Metastock program to crash.

Thanks for your further help in this,
Regards,
Ton Maas.

Directory Print - 99 01 13 19:45
D:\Temp (*.*)

Directory of D:\Temp (*.*)

Name                   MS-DOS Name  Size     Modified          Attr

Mfc250.dll             mfc250.dll      313 kb      95 03 01 23:42     a
Mfc30.dll               mfc30.dll         315 kb      95 07 11 17:50     a
Mfc30loc.dll          mfc30loc.dll      31 kb      95 08 24 09:50     a
Mfc40.dll               mfc40.dll         902 kb      97 02 27 16:20     a
Mfc40loc.dll          mfc40loc.dll      42 kb      97 09 30 04:00     a
Mfc42.dll               mfc42.dll         919 kb      98 09 03 13:48     a
Mfcans32.dll         mfcans32.dll  130 kb      95 07 11 09:50     a
Mfcd30.dll             mfcd30.dll         54 kb     95 08 24 09:50     a
Mfcn30.dll             mfcn30.dll         15 kb      95 08 24 09:50     a
Mfco30.dll             mfco30.dll      147 kb      95 05 22 21:37     a
Mfco40.dll             mfco40.dll      377 kb      97 02 27 16:20     a
Mfcoleui.dll            mfcoleui.dll    143 kb      95 01 13 11:10     a
Mfcuia32.dll          mfcuia32.dll       6 kb      95 08 24 09:50     a
Mfcuiw32.dll          mfcuiw32.dll      4 kb      95 08 24 09:50     a
Mfcuix.hlp              mfcuix.hlp         13 kb     95 08 24 09:50     a

15 files, 3 416 kb
153 Mb available from 1 547 Mb.
Dear Mr. / Sehr geehrter Herr
Maas,

what are the problems you get with the new program?
Basically there are no newer Win95/98 drivers available for the Edge 3D
then your currently installed v2.30 for Win95/98.
Edge 3D was developed for Win95 and works satisfactory in Win95/98.
The reason of 'any problems' could be the slow DirectX 3D feature support
of the chipset, dating back from the first card upgrades(1996) to newer
type products like Stealth 3D or Monster 3D.
However, if you have not had any problems using Edge 3D with the latest
drivers(v2.30) or previous versions(v2.21+v2.01) installed in Win95, then you
should not have any problems running video/graphics/sound in Win98.

If we can be of further assistance to you please let us know and enclose
all previous correspondence.
Sollten Sie weiteren Fragen haben, schicken Sie bitte im Anhang auch die
gesamte bisherige Korrespondenz.
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Diamond Technical Support Team Europe (TV)
techsupt.euro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.diamondmm.de
Moosstrasse 18b
D-82319 Starnberg