Re: Gann Swing concepts (Fibonacci trader) in Metastock?

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Gann Swing concepts (Fibonacci trader) in Metastock?
  • From: Martin Haesler <mhaesler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:25:26 -0500 (EST)

I have done some work on this using a graphical approach ie I bypass the
system tester complely and determine entry and exit from the chart values
directly. I am then able to create an equity line indicator that indicates
the profitability of the given approach over time. Attached is a gif file
using this approach evaluating the KAGI methodology.

However I do not yet have the Jan version of TASC which comes to me via
sea mail and will not arrive until February.

If you could give me succinct entry and exit rules, I would be happy to
attempt to code this up and forward it for the benefit of the group.

The Hi-Lo activator does not constitute a problem exept for the last day.
Metastock does not permit drawing an indicator beyond the last day of
data.

Regards ... Martin

Thomas Winklhofer wrote:

> Hi Gann traders, all
>
> has anyone tried to implement the basic Gann Swing concepts of Robert
> Krausz in Metastock?
>
> In my opinion it must be possible to implement the definitions of the
> Gann swing trading as described in the Jan 99 issue of TASC.
>
> Interesting would be
> - Automatic recognition of valleys/peaks of swing channels and fibo
> lines 38.2 and 61.8
>   (parallel to channels, that's not possible with metastock).
> - HiLo Activator
>
> May be the Gann approach can't be converted into a 'stupid' mechanical
> system.
> But I would feel much better when I could back test myself. The
> 'fibonaccitrader' can't do that as far as I know.
>
> Best Regards
> Thomas Winklhofer

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\kagi1.gif"