Re: Graphics Converter, Free Utilities

  • To: Tom Strickland <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Graphics Converter, Free Utilities
  • From: Daniel Martinez <DanM@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:54:56 -0400 (EST)

MetaStock Users:
some of you might need the various free utilities which are available on the Net but
don't know they exist or where they are located.  You can find many free utlities
here:  http://members.xoom.com/freewarepub/Graphics_Utilities.htm .  The free graphics
converter is the fifth one down.  It's called XNVIEW.  It is one file and there is no
installation.  You may place this file anywhere and create a shortcut to it.  When
converting from JPG to GIF, convert to 256 colors ADAPTIVE.  This will make the colors
identical to what you have in the Metastock JPG chart.  FYI, the space savings are
amazing, at least 7 to 1.

After you convert to GIF, you can still use the HTML file MetaStock creates by keeping
the JPG extension on your file.  In MetaStock, if you save the file "INDEX.HTML" and
upload both files onto your web space, you only have to mention the name of the folder
it's in for visitors to access it.  This way your visitors can never see a folder at
your site:
http://www.twow.com/horizon/metastock

I hope this encourages others to publish on the web instead of sending large files
through email.  Once you are set up, it's very easy to upload files.  Here's another
example of my uploads:
http://www.twow.com/horizon/metastock/iix.htm

Interesting, looks like the Net stocks have a little more short-term uptrend to go.

Daniel.