Re: 200 Simple Moving Average

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: 200 Simple Moving Average
  • From: Daniel Martinez <DanM@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 06:38:18 -0400 (EST)

I downloaded and installed a graphics converter.  Now the charts in my web space are GIF's.  For anyone who doesn't know:  You can convert the MetaStock JPG to GIF, keep the extension as JPG and still use the html page MetaStock creates. Long-term SBTK chart:  http://www.twow.com/horizon/metastock/ Short-term SBTK chart:  http://www.twow.com/horizon/metastock/sbtk-short.htm Daniel.   Bijan Khezri wrote:  It appears that in Metastock the long averages, in this particular case the 200 day simple moving average, is traced based on the number of days displayed on the screen, rather than the data available.  Or am I using something in a wrong way.  The first chart is a capture from Quotes Plus with all data available, the other two are from MS 6.5 in two different zoom settings.  The 200 SMA is positioned completely differently.  What is the use of the indicator if one can not zoom to see the intersections? Bijan