RE: Guy Tann & the "guy" in the "Idahole"

Steve

They (UofM) lucked out, IMHO.  So far they've been stumbling through the
season.  Sure don't look like a #1 team from last year.

Re your crude chart.  Can't really read what the various charts are.  Could
you let me know?

Hope things are going well.  Nothing new here except our basic system is
suffering some wide swings in the S&P market.  You really have to have faith
to make it through.  My dad has come up with another variation which I'm
trying to add to our basic trading system to eliminate some of our losers.
Have just checked the S&P's back to May 1 and it looks good.  Not quite as
profitable but no losses.  By itself it does pretty well.  Since 1996 (to
10/1/98) it had 33 trades with 5 losses.  Unfortunately 3 of those 5 losses
were this year and one was huge (-132, -1, -8).  Now remembering how we
trade, and our constant reinvestment, this 132 point loss in January would
have wiped us out again, so we would have had to start over.  Anyway, it
showed a net profit of 950 points (S&P) and has a 70 point profit since
10/1/98 (not included).

This trading without stops is scary!  Anyway, if it works with some other
futures other than the S&P, I'll let you know.

I've managed to collect a bunch of 'systems' from the list but haven't had a
chance to look at them.  One of these days I'm going to have to document
some of what we do.  It's hard to explain when you don't use any of the
standard indicators in Metastock or elsewhere.  I guess I could put some of
the thoughts together at least.

Talk to you later.

Guy