Re: exploration question

michael arnoldi writes:

> i tried the exploration & it worked fine.
> > Try this as a workaround:
> >
> > ColA: HHV(H, 250)
> > ColB: HHVBars(H, 250)
> > ColC: LLV(L, 250)
> > ColD: LLVBars(L, 250)
> >
> > Filter:  ColB < 10 and ColD > 240
>
> my question: the results i get, are they buy candidates or what ?

*chuckle*  I don't know yet.  =)

My goal is to try and find stocks which have had a large recent run-up,
and are now downturning.  The formula I showed wasn't the entire thing;
it was just the smallest thing I could find that would reproduce the
error I was getting.

Here's the entire thing:

HiVal := HHV(H, 250);
LoVal := LLV(L, 250);
HiAgo := HHVBars(H, 250);
LoAgo := LLVBars(L, 250);

{ Sufficient Range }
((HiVal-LoVal)/LoVal) > 2 AND

{ Recent Selloff }
L <= LLV(C, 30) AND

{ HHV recent }
HiAgo > 10 AND HiAgo < 20 AND

{ LLV Long enough ago }
LoAgo > 200

This is an attempt to mimic the Pitbull shorting strategy, which does
essentially that.  Looks for recent-large runups, then downturn.  Then
short 'em.  He uses RS and A/D in from IBD in his system, neither of
which I have with MS, so I'm trying to get similar results.

We'll see.

I ordered QP2 which should be here today, so I may be able to eliminate
some of teh filter by doing it with QP2.

I'll let the list know once I get something down for sure.  I hope you
don't mind that I CC:'d them with this reply in case anyone wants to
play around with it.

--
To me, it's always a good idea to always carry two sacks of something
when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me