RE: Fractuals

Hi,
   Is it possible to write this formula in a way that I can run system tests
on it. In the formulas current format it plots 1 when the condition is met
otherwise 0. I wanted to test what the average move was when the security
rose or fell below a fractual.Can I plot them as a line ??
   What is a good book to read to learn how to write formulas as  the manual
quickly gets over my head. Is there a Dummies Guide to Formulas ??

  Thank You,

   Murray