Re: MetaStock Update Requests

Richard:
because I have a scanner, I received free software which loads in and then
converts different formats.  I think this method is better than screen capture.
This way, you won't get any extra objects in your chart which you don't want
such as your cursor, toolbars, menus, etc...  Your PIC's will also come out
smaller.  Because I have my own 5 MB's of personal web space, I can simply
upload charts to it and then provide a  link in my email.  The best FTP software
for uploading to your web space is FTP Explorer.  http://www.tucows.com  It's
free.  If your ISP didn't provide any personal web space, and most give at least
2 MB's, you can get a free account at GeoCities or Tripod.  You can even provide
commentary with your PIC.  All you need is one of the 3 top wordprocessors.
Just write your commentary, embed your GIF, save in HTML format and upload.

I think it would be more convenient if you used this method.  Otherwise, you
will be sending copies of your chart to 500 people.  I personally don't mind the
charts.   However, because I now use Netscape v4.04, all charts and even
attached files are embedded in my email (Netscape uses MIME format).  I can no
longer separate them.  This means unless I completely delete the email, I'm
stuck with an extra 50K chart or other attached files.  Some of these have been
up to 2 MB's in size.  My Netscape folders have already exploded to 80 MB's and
I won't be surprised if they grow to 200 MB's.

Daniel.