Re: What's worse than no data? !

Absolutely agreed!

What is more, yesterday I accidentally came across Quote Plus forum on
Silicon Investor
(http://www.techstocks.com/~wsapi/investor/Subject-9637) for the first
time (!). I am saying "for the first time" not because I am a recent QP
user; no,just the opposite - I 've used it for 2+ years. But everything
with QP+  has been so smooth that I 've never felt a need to seek an
advice of fellow users. Like, if you bought a toaster, you don't rush to
check out the newsgroup alt.toaster.newuser <g>. Certainly, there were
occasions of late downloading, delays (rare, however) in split, name
corrections,... But nothing that would really annoy me. Besides,
downloading and updating 10000+ symbols takes only 3-10 min from the
first attempt if the update file is ready.

Current QP2 software is a significant step forward, even though  it
still has glitches. Scanning abilities have been strongly expanded. If
only they had "function" object in the language (like Metastock's
"Fml"), I would leave MS Explorer for good, because QP seems much
faster.

Also, I was impressed that QP (the company) is very active on the forum.
Gary Lyben (the president?) is often on-line too. I liked that he
solicits and discusses suggestions on  how to improve QP, what users
wish, etc. Really refreshing compared to mostly one-way exchange between
Equis and us, MS users.

Disclaimer: no connections to QP whatsoever other than customer's.

Cheers, Vitaly

Richard Estes wrote:

> Yes, that is why I use QP2. ....

> >>What I think is needed from a data source:
> >>
> >>* Ability to download all US stocks and mutual funds each night in
one
> >>effort, not to exceed 4 minutes.
> >>* Capability to provide nearly instantaneous  conversion to
Metastock