Re: Brooke's Charts

In a message dated 10/16/98 4:42:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, altag@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Brooke,

 I like the eye saving background you use in your charts.  Can you turn this
 background off when printing the charts in color?
 Al Taglavore >>

Al: I don't think you can, actually, though you might be able to change the
background in a program such as Hypersnap before you print (by inverting black
and white, for example). A few people have asked for white backgrounds so the
charts would be easier to print. I use black backgrounds by default because
it's easier to see all the moving averages and indicators. I relented in some
charts and converted them to white backgrounds before sending them to the
Metastock list. But I was too lazy yesterday, I guess. Sorry.

I can't help wondering why you'd want to print the charts. It seems like a
waste of paper and ink (and electricity) to me. I look at them the old-
fashioned way -- on the computer. Why do you and others prefer to print them
out sometimes? I hope you're not sending my charts to the SEC. That's it --
you are, aren't you? Or to John Merriwether perhaps. John Murphy? The
Beardstown Ladies? Joe Kernen? Ken Starr?

Brooke