Re: Bankrupt ?

An option is a contract, Marianne.

When you hold an option, you have the choice to exercise it or not.

The writer (seller) of the option has a legal obligation to perform on your
demand.  You can bet that his uncovered put writes will not stay hidden in his
uncle's drawer while the stock drops from $300 down to $1.  As you wrote, his
contract will change hands any number of times.  Perhaps he will cover by
shorting the stock or buying puts.  He might even sell calls. :^)

Larry