Re: Yahoo - Intel May Take Stake In Micron Technology Inc., Reports CMP's Electronic Buyers' News

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Yahoo - Intel May Take Stake In Micron Technology Inc., Reports CMP's Electronic Buyers' News
  • From: "Jim Greening" <JimGinVA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:48:45 -0400 (EDT)

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Harley,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Best of luck, hope you're right.&nbsp; As I understand the CANSLIM cup, all
that's required for volume is:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp; 1) that it's lower on the left hand side of the cup
(march to June )</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp; 2) higher on the right hand side of the cup (July to
now), and</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp; 3) most importantly, very high to confirm the
breakout.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>The breakout hasn't occurred yet.&nbsp; For your sake I hope
it doesn't because it would require a push through the 39 level on high
volume.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Jim&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
    </B>Harley Meyer &lt;<A
    href="mailto:meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx";>meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To: </B><A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A> &lt;<A
    href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
    </B>Sunday, September 27, 1998 11:42 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Re: Yahoo - Intel
    May Take Stake In Micron Technology Inc., Reports CMP's Electronic Buyers'
    News<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>Ahh, my good friend Jim,
    <P>At the moment I am trying not to feel like Homer Simpson. I am worried
    about this MU position and feel that I stepped into the short a little early
    based on my trading system. After looking at the chart of MU I don't think
    it is in a CANSLIM type of breakout. The volume formation is not there and
    my guess is that earnings are not there.
    <P>As far as the Intel deal I can't see it. After doing a little more
    reading by following the links that were in the article. I read that as soon
    as the 2nd tier chip makers can get ramped up they will create new supply in
    the DRAM market. Also MU and Samsung are going to increase production. i.e.,
    increased supply. The outlook is that DRAM will be a commodity. It doesn't
    make sense that Intel would spend money to guarantee lower chip prices. When
    the trend for memory is to commodity status.
    <P>Lastly MU has been a buyer of companies or parts there of.
    <P>Like I suggested earlier, I think this rumor is a way to push the price
    up because somebody's portfolio is suffering with too much MU in it. Same
    thing happened with AMD and IBM.
    <P>Now what matters is what people think and for now they think that the
    price should go up and my poor butt has decided to face the other way. I
    just hope the crowd won't trample me to debt (pun intended). I will say that
    MU earning are supposed to be out on Monday some time. So I am going to wait
    until earnings come out before I make any decisions.
    <P>Harley
    <P>Jim Greening wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE = CITE>&nbsp;<FONT color=#000000><FONT
        size=-1>Harley,</FONT></FONT><FONT size=-1>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
        That's a rumor that makes a lot of sense to me and you're asking for
        trouble by fighting the tape.&nbsp; MU is in a Short Term Up Trend
        Channel (STUTC) and is trying to complete a CANSLIM type cup and handle
        formation.&nbsp; it could really jump if the rumor becomes
        true.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT
size=-1>Jim</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Mon Sep 28 17:09:53 1998